One person can make a difference in the life of a child.
Our community volunteers are special people on our campus.
There are many ways to get involved with St. PJ’s. There are individual, group and corporate opportunities. All volunteers working directly with children must pass a background check and a TB test. Volunteers performing a one-time done in a day project do not need to fill out the forms.
- Pick up basketball
- Pick up football (touch football only)
- Pick up volleyball
- Workout courses
- Four corners capture the flag (fun PE team game!)
- SOS (fun PE teamwork game)
- Sensory obstacle course
PE Games for ELEMENTARY aged children:
- Freeze Dance, Hot Potato, Musical Chairs, Duck Duck Goose
- We’re Going To The Zoo (PE game that takes place outside where kiddos walk like giraffe, run like a cheetah, jump like a kangaroo, hop like a bunny, gallop like a horse, and leap like a deer; new animal ideas are always welcome!)
Crafts for all ages:
- Cooking (Our kids love to cook but often need help)
- Bracelet making (out of yarn, cord, anything)
- Shoe decorating
- Art Classes
- Music Classes (especially guitar or drums)
Other events/activities for all ages:
- Bible Study
- Story time for toddlers
- STEM themed games, projects, and demonstrations
- Life skills training
- Survival training
- Robotics and other science experiments (there are a ton online)
- Solar oven project or other science projects
- Survivor skills training
- Cultural events
- BBQs and picnic events
- Organized field day events
- Minute-To-Win-It Games!
- Donation management
- Paint Mural on outside of building
- Clean areas along fence line
- Pressure wash sidewalks and buildings
- Paint wooden fences with sealer
- Community garden
- Clean windows
We rely on the generosity of others to make these activities possible. If your organization has an idea or activity you think our children would enjoy please contact Belinda Herrera with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-531-8592.